Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Increase the range o quest

About to quit, here

I've had it with timers. They force me to keep an eye on the game and do nothing but wait or risk getting killed if I do something else while waiting. That's on top of the cooldown timers after a quest. It's been a week and there's been absolutely no replies to my post above, not even whether or not such things can be considered. As it is there's just too much waiting in this game, and not just waiting while I can go do other stuff, but waiting that forces me to keep an eye on minutes of 'journeying'.

It was fun in the lower levels while it lasted, but at this point the waiting is just too much.
    ...I'm out.

Character
    Woodlark
    While I am not high enough to deal with extremely long going-to quest timers yet, I MUST point out that the original intent of this thread, a request for more quests or quest types, really has not been addressed yet, and is not even listed on your roadmap.

My main issue here is the 'respawning time' which was formerly an 'exp reduction'. It seem this is implemented to combat people repeating the same quest. This is absolutely ridiculous given how few quests we have to complete, and the fact that questing is our only way to earn exp. By nature of the game we must spammily complete quests to get anywhere. If you were looking to combat bots with this feature, you are also punishing players. Increasing the number, and types of quests would better combat this. You only have group of monster and single monster quests. They are so disjointed and unconnected for the most part I quickly lost any feeling of connection to the game world. Any connection I had to feel like I was in a game world (which I feel is required for an rpg) is lost because of how many times I must mindlessly complete the same quest.

The quest system needs improvements, but more than the balancing issues that are listed, variety is a bigger issue. If the long timers for higher levels are to represent them going on great epic quests someone submitted to the guild, truly simulate that journey by making each one a little different with some variety.

Another option may be implementing something like world monsters, or world bosses, available at certain levels that anyone in that level range can attack. You could earn exp or rewards based on how much damage you did. This would give us something other than questing to do. Questing is fine I just find it hard to call this a true RPG when I can't go out with NO QUESTS and just kill monsters somewhere. Instead I have to keep repeating the same quests that were fun and engagingly written the first couple of times, but I now feel like a bot having to spam just to get the exp to level.

Character
    Zab
    I do not personally have an issue with the respawning times, but I am of much bigger size and rarely run into an issue of not having quests to do. Also, I tend to climb (joining small parties where others join as the day goes on). However, this is an issue for players who are of smaller size, as I thought it would eventually be. Alex, I think respawn timers need to be based on a players size, not how often they are doing the quest. Having players sitting around with nothing to do does not endear them to continue playing.

Character
    Zab
    Also, the rewards (xp) needs to be greater for ambush...that may make more attempt it, as something to do while waiting on the timers...