Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burst

Look if you are worried about player vs player damage modify that. Don't go screwing around with player vs monster interactions!

Also +1% is way different than +1 attack. +1 attack is totally different for someone with 100 base attack score vs someone with 1000 base attack score.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    "...so no matter really how many SL you use" In other words, basically a useless skill in the future to upgrade.
    Talking about % hit chance, if you are fighting rats, you will always hit, no matter how may SL you use for your Burst.
    (an orc is a "rat" compared with your severan thousands points in Attack).

You will need to upgrade it if you plan to use it agains challenging opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Zab View Post
    i realise what you are saying about my added physical damage, but I do notice I am only hitting between 300-400 no matter the skill level in normal damage.
    "...increase your SL in 50 levels, you will notice that this number will be increased around 60 points average on Burst I, around 140 points average on Burst II, around 250 points average on Burst III..." I am closer to level 60 and I do not see this increase, except maybe once or twice and typically only on a crit. Makes this an expensive and time consuming skill to upgrade and enhance for little profit.

Talking about damage, damage difference using 50SL instead 1 or 2 SL, should be what I posted before. We just debugged the code and all seems to be fine. If you are noticying something diffrent, please post new logs taken after last updates to watch if there were bugs, maybe I could find a clue.

(I took note of the rest)

Character
    Zab
    New Burst in better than the older one, for players with ATT <500, Burst II is better for players with ATT < 1100, Burst III is better for ATT scores < 2000, etc

It's not better. I will try to collect some logs for you to go over, although, I do believe you when you say it is working as you have planned it to. But if I follow what you are saying, even when I get to enhance to VI, my (current and growing)attack score would be too high for it to be any good...so useless. I am not truly understanding why certain skills should be better with less of an attack score.

Also, gaining extra xp over other guilds... first, it only lasts for so long with the declining rates. Second, growing faster than your partymates means you are not creating that 'balanced' party you have stated over and over is the best party to have. I would honestly rather have slightly better skills than having to do things like constantly changing parties because I need to fit in. Growing a great team is hard to do if some are growing faster than the others. Which we are not really doing anyway since you lowered this skills for scouts too, right? We were once at a full percent and now only at .25

As for spells boost (sorry Rastlin, much for you), maybe a wizard could only increase their spells with a ring or amulet by how many levels they actually are naturally. I do think as Rastlin is approaching Level 100 (which I believe will take a lot longer to achieve upon reset), a player should be able to boost 100%. But then again, I do not know what this would really look like compared to everyone else's skills. Maybe also, instead of their spells skill getting a full 1% increase per skill level, it could be lowered to .5?

Look it is supposed to be fun to destroy the monsters. Get gold, exp, and score big damage. Let us have our fun. If you want to make player vs player more balanced then do that. Stop screwing with us killing the monsters. Thieu fellings wont get hurt, just maybe yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Hadley View Post
    Just change Burst back to increased % to hit instead of increased attack.
    This statement was not what I was trying to say. I meant increase % of attack instead of increasing attack, unless you up the +attack by a lot.

Lets say for a sec that Zab has an attack of 5000. Does that mean she uses 1650 of her 5000 attack on the Orc Sentinel? And if so the increase for 33% to 34% is an increase of 50 att / SL much greater than 11 att / SL she is getting now.

Zab shot at Orc Sentinel I (ATT 33% + ATT +22) : hit

I think this is more what Zab and I are asking.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    ATT 33% + 1% /SL was not working well. ATT 33% + X /SL is working much better. Skill is useful now from the first levels. To keep the usefulness of the skill (and your % of attack increased) while your level and attack grows, you will need to upgrade and enhance your skill.

I tried to explained above, I'm sorry if I didn't achieved. For some of the replies I see that much of what I said was not understood. I am not a good communicator and worse in Englsih and it is not easy to explain the math concepts.

About the boost, don't worry Stephen, you won't miss the gold, exp and big damage!

Thanks Zab for the suggestions for the spells boost and sorrt for the constant changes, but they are necessary for the development and this is the final objective of the testing. After game releasing, there won't be more of these changes.

Character
    Zab
    Turn 1
    Kryptonite shot a Burst (SL 8) at the monsters
    Kryptonite shot at Alpha Wolf I (ATT 33% +40) : missed
    Kryptonite shot at Wolf I (ATT 33% +40) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wolf I : 25 ( 18 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP
    Kryptonite shot at Wolf II (ATT 33% +40) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wolf II : 24 ( 17 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP

Alpha Wolf I bit at Kryptonite : hit
    Damage dealt to Kryptonite : 9 Physical HP

Wolf I bit at Kryptonite : hit

Wolf II bit at Kryptonite : hit

Wolf III bit at Kryptonite : missed

Turn 2
    Kryptonite shot a Burst (SL 8) at the monsters
    Kryptonite shot at Alpha Wolf I (ATT 33% +40) : hit
    Damage dealt to Alpha Wolf I : 22 ( 15 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP
    Kryptonite shot at Wolf I (ATT 33% +40) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wolf I : 15 ( 8 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP
    Kryptonite shot at Wolf II (ATT 33% +40) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wolf II : 23 ( 16 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP

Alpha Wolf I bit at Kryptonite : hit
    Damage dealt to Kryptonite : 6 Physical HP

Wolf I bit at Kryptonite : critical failure!

Wolf II bit at Kryptonite : hit
    Damage dealt to Kryptonite : 3 Physical HP

Wolf III bit at Kryptonite : hit
    Damage dealt to Kryptonite : 7 Physical HP

Turn 3Kryptonite shot a Burst (SL 6) at the monsters
    Kryptonite shot at Alpha Wolf I (ATT 33% +30) : hit
    Damage dealt to Alpha Wolf I : 21 ( 14 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP
    Kryptonite shot at Wolf III (ATT 33% +30) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wolf III : 14 ( 7 ) Physical HP + ( +7 ) Magical HP

Alpha Wolf I bit at Kryptonite : missed

Wolf III bit at Kryptonite : missed

Here is Kryptonite, Level 16, Power 7. His max burst is currently 8. He does Hunt Wolves Hard. Admittedly, he did use his Burst skill twice with his companions before leaving his party to try a quest on his own. In this quest, he used Burst three times and the monsters were not dead, his energy spent and he had to do two more rounds without skills (but if he had not used burst twice already with his party, he would have used it in the next two rounds to finish this quest). No Burst killed a monster outright. He basically used all his energy for one quest. :/

Now here is jj Nimble.

jj Nimble, Level 38, Power 74, Burst I 24. Here he is doing Hunt Wolves too:

Quest 1
    jj Nimble shot a Burst (SL 24) at the monsters
    jj Nimble shot at Alpha Wolf I (ATT 33% +120) : hit
    Damage dealt to Alpha Wolf I : 64 ( 27 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP
    jj Nimble shot at Wolf I (ATT 33% +120) : critical hit (x2)!
    Damage dealt to Wolf I : 224 ( 187 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP
    jj Nimble shot at Wolf II (ATT 33% +120) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wolf II : 101 ( 64 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP

Quest 2

jj Nimble shot a Burst (SL 24) at the monsters
    jj Nimble shot at Alpha Wolf I (ATT 33% +120) : hit
    Damage dealt to Alpha Wolf I : 71 ( 34 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP
    jj Nimble shot at Wolf I (ATT 33% +120) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wolf I : 68 ( 31 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP
    jj Nimble shot at Wolf II (ATT 33% +120) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wolf II : 104 ( 67 ) Physical HP + ( +37 ) Magical HP

Discounting physical damage and just looking at the natural damage one could make.... jj Nimble has almost 1000 more attack and his skill level of burst three times the size of kryptonite, but his damage numbers seem to hover only around 20-30 more damage points on average than Kryptonite...

So low level players can do one quest a day with their skills. Players with much larger numbers in both levels and skill levels and attack numbers do not make much better natural damage.... I dunno... doesn't seem... fun...
    Last edited by Zab; November 2nd, 2013 at 00:57.

Character
    Zab
    So tonight, Rastlin left me a message asking me to use my burst three different times and post him the results. The first time I used Burst, I still had Burst II. Then I received Burst III. I would like to share the results with you.

Quest 1

Zab shot a Burst II (SL 58) at the monsters
    Zab shot at Wooded Choker I (ATT 33% +638) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wooded Choker I : 1172 ( 564 +608 ) Physical HP
    Zab shot at Wooded Choker II (ATT 33% +638) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wooded Choker II : 1034 ( 426 +608 ) Physical HP
    Zab shot at Wooded Choker III (ATT 33% +638) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wooded Choker III : 1166 ( 558 +608 ) Physical HP

Quest 2

Zab shot a Burst III (SL 58) at the monsters
    Zab shot at Wooded Choker I (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wooded Choker I : 1145 ( 537 +608 ) Physical HP
    Zab shot at Wooded Choker II (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wooded Choker II : 1131 ( 523 +608 ) Physical HP
    Zab shot at Wooded Choker III (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wooded Choker III : 1254 ( 646 +608 ) Physical HP

Quest 3

Zab shot a Burst III (SL 58) at the monsters
    Zab shot at Wooded Choker I (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wooded Choker I : 975 ( 367 +608 ) Physical HP
    Zab shot at Wooded Choker II (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wooded Choker II : 894 ( 286 +608 ) Physical HP
    Zab shot at Wooded Choker III (ATT 33% +1160) : hit
    Damage dealt to Wooded Choker III : 1281 ( 673 +608 ) Physical HP

So...... basically my energy costs went up almost 200 and my Burst shoots the same or even lower........

Character
    Zab
    Alex, I like a lot of the changes this update has brought. I like seeing necromancers making more skeleton army, heads collapsing. I really like the idea of skill enhancement. It's probably my favourite part (until ambushes of course). With the enhancements, across the board, it costs more to use our skills though. My perception is that this again hurts your low level players. Particularly players between level 15-30. They do not have enough energy to play with their skills and I think they are the players that need to be having the most fun. While I do believe players SHOULD pay diamonds to refill energy, only being able to use your energy for one quest-and run out before the quest is even done at level 16-I think something about energy costs needs to be changed. I wonder sometimes if energy costs should be based on your xp level and not skill level, still keeping that you cannot upgrade a skill passed your xp level. I also wonder if you should offer one energy heal a day for gold. I would make the gold offer with strings attached. Like you only get 25%-35% of your total energy replenished. I think the cost to replenish energy at the temple should change. I think something like: level 5 players should only have to pay 3 diamonds to replenish their energy, level 20 players are paying 6, level 65 players are paying the 15. A simple sentence at the Temple stating something like: It costs 3 diamonds to refill your energy. This cost increases as you gain levels because obviously you are a rich and powerful lord in this kingdom

I also wonder if balancing the game could be easier done on your side by changing (increasing) the allotments you give us on the level up. Currently, you give us 15 of your decision. You give me, a scout, 10 defense and 5 energy. Couldn't you give us 20 or 25 of such in the places you think we need them? You could do things like add 2 attack per xp level for priests. This would especially help low leveled lone playing priests.

Back to Burst. I am disappointed to see my Burst change so unremarkable tonight. I do understand the need to balance skills (though, I do agree with Stephen. Balancing against monsters is not very important because monsters should be the (much) easier battles in the game), however, a player should see a change in their skill immediately when it becomes enhanced. I think back to when I asked you last week here what RDF (or something) meant because it had been added to my skill once it was enhanced, and you let me know. Maybe this is one of the better ways to show immediate change. So, if I could lay out a Burst, bearing in mind I do not know what your 'balanced' numbers really are.

Burst I
    33% + attack
    Burst II
    33% + attack
    Burst III
    33% + attack (does not need to change from burst II) + 1 phy dam per skill level
    Burst IV
    33% + attack (still unchanged) + 2 phy dam per skill level
    Burst VI
    33% + attack + 2 phy dam per sl + 1% of attack score per sl (.5%?)

Can I have that?

Also, is the max upgrade for a skill 100?
    Last edited by Zab; November 2nd, 2013 at 13:44.