Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Update 1.01.018
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Update 1.01.018

Otherwind's Official Spokesman Guild Masters's Avatar

Arrow Update 1.01.018

This update has been deployed on Oct 24, 2012:

Release Notes

• Dead (defeated) players are no more getting XP (thieir sharing of XP is lost, and it won't score for the completed quests count).
    • Repeating the same quest/difficulty, will reduce the amount of XP earned (no matter if they are consecutive or not). <- Quest counting will
    • [Human Verification (captcha) added when you launch a quest, to avoid bots farming xp, gold and achievements.] <- We are going to revert this change.
    • First turn syncing in combats has been fixed. Tutorial combat is no more skipped.
    • Getting the Guilds ready to include Kickstarter rewards.
    • New Items images: Cuirass Metal, Padded Armor, Turban.

Feel free to discuss, ask for clarification or report any mistake in the implementation.
    Last edited by Alex; October 24th, 2012 at 12:03. Reason: Clarifications

Character
    Isildur
    I have a couple of questions:

Dead players are no more getting XP (thieir sharing of XP is lost.
    What do you mean by "dead players"? Players inactive for a long time?

Repeating the same quest/difficulty, will reduce the amount of XP earned.
    Does this apply to every quest or just to consecutive ones?

Thanks!
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

Otherwind's Official Spokesman Guild Masters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    Dead players are no more getting XP (thieir sharing of XP is lost.
    What do you mean by "dead players"? Players inactive for a long time?
    No, I mean players fallen in combat, defeated players. When you were killed, party could win the battle and you were still earning xp but now defeated players doesn't got any XP though their party wins the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    I have a couple of questions:
    Repeating the same quest/difficulty, will reduce the amount of XP earned.
    Does this apply to every quest or just to consecutive ones?
    It is applied to every quest. We have the count of how many quests you complete in each difficulty, and your xp earned at that quest with that difficulty is going down each time you complete it, no matter if it is consecutive or not.

The party completed the quest The Mysterious Statue at difficulty hard
    Your party found a treasure! Your part of the bounty is 234 gold coins and
    1 items. This battle has been fought too many times to learn anything new. You don?t earn any XP points.

This is not normal, if you are questing with group for a time, and after that you do it solo, you have to do early misions again, so i cannot understand this limitation. For a Warroir is not posible to earn money and get new missions everytime, the temple gets all the money we earn, and more.

Spanish:
    Esto no es normal, a veces para muchos es mas rentable en coste de tiempo, dinero, y coste de regeneracion en templo, hacer misiones mas pequeñas, que otras mas grandes, Ya avise en la beta para que se capasen estas misiones en el conteo de los logros, pero ¿eliminar la xp?, esto es un error gordo. Que pasa si haces una mision, en easy un munero de vecees, en medium despues y en hard luego, ¿que las hard ya no te daran xp? suele dar mas xp y es mas completable una hard que las easy y medium siguientes, plantearse esto seriamente, porque la jugabilidad va a caer. De esta forma la gente y los Guerreros en general nunca tendran un duro.

I'm really sad now, hate this changes.

Captcha: I can understand that you don't want bots etc. but not before EVERY quest, 1 time per hour or so would be enough. It's just frustrating and waste of time. When i have time to play I really want to do quests as fast as possible!!!

Repeating the same quest/difficulty -
    You hurting very active players with this change.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Fran Rodriguez View Post
    The party completed the quest The Mysterious Statue at difficulty hard
    Your party found a treasure! Your part of the bounty is 234 gold coins and
    1 items. This battle has been fought too many times to learn anything new. You don’t earn any XP points.

This is not normal, if you are questing with group for a time, and after that you do it solo, you have to do early misions again, so i cannot understand this limitation. For a Warroir is not posible to earn money and get new missions everytime, the temple gets all the money we earn, and more.

(please use only English at the forums)
    We understand your frustration. Due to limitations of the unfinished development in the beta version, all players have used to a gameplay which is not the gameplay we are looking for. Completing dozens of quests mechanically every day, not being important to attend to the combat screen, too similar to the click-and-reward mafia-like games, is not the kind of game we want to build.

You completed 60 times the gargoyle quest in hard difficulty. It’s time to move on. I think it is right that you should not to earn any xp from a quest which is much below of your size. I even had suggestions of removing so lower quests of the quest panel, but this solution is less aggressive since you can still get some no-risky gold.

We are more looking for a classic role-playing game, where you have to take care at battles. If players have not enough gold to heal after every quest, it is fine. Look for a party who take care of their warriors. You can also make no-risky quests to get enough gold to heal and then go again for the higher quests.

Keep in mind that leveling 30 levels in a week is really insane and this cannot go on or we will have no game after a month of gaming.

Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz Kanarek View Post
    I'm really sad now, hate this changes.

Captcha: I can understand that you don't want bots etc. but not before EVERY quest, 1 time per hour or so would be enough. It's just frustrating and waste of time. When i have time to play I really want to do quests as fast as possible!!!

Repeating the same quest/difficulty -
    You hurting very active players with this change.
    Yes I know, I also hate captchas but it is the only way to slow down bots. A game without captchas but full of bots is not a nice scenary, and we will have to bear this to avoid that. We have implemented a very, very easy captcha to minimize the nuisance. The alternative to captchas is much worse; we won't build a click-and-reward game full of bots.

Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Yes I know, I also hate captchas but it is the only way to slow down bots. A game without captchas but full of bots is not a nice scenary, and we will have to bear this to avoid that. We have implemented a very, very easy captcha to minimize the nuisance. The alternative to captchas is much worse; we won't build a click-and-reward game full of bots.
    Well we are hearing you and we finally are going to remove the captcha, as we see that the xp reduction will slow down bots, while we study a better alternative to captcha.

With this xp reduction change you really should wait untill you give us active skills. Now i can't do quests that i liked, and the others are too hard for mage without skills.

Character
    Isildur
    I fully support the idea of building a game which is not just another click-and-reward one. You guys have always been focused on creating something really innovative, and I think you should keep doing that.

However, I'm also very happy with the decision to remove captcha. I think that the benefits relating bots prevention obtained from that measure are at least as big as the prejudices caused to genuine players. I'm sure you'll find a better way to avoid bots taking over the game, while still allowing intensive players to keep playing hard .

I understand this is a beta, and I expect big disruptive changes from time to time (not on a weekly basis, of course, but quite often). I'll try to help fine tuning playability while having fun .
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...