Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Update 1.01.018 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Update 1.01.018

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz Kanarek View Post
    With this xp reduction change you really should wait untill you give us active skills. Now i can't do quests that i liked, and the others are too hard for mage without skills.
    You are right, Lukasz. In our plan is essential these special skills and also the ambushes, which will give you a new source of experience and fun. We will try to bring them asap, but the important thing is that when we finish the beta and will start the full game, all of we will be pleased with the state of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    I fully support the idea of building a game which is not just another click-and-reward one. You guys have always been focused on creating something really innovative, and I think you should keep doing that.

However, I'm also very happy with the decision to remove captcha. I think that the benefits relating bots prevention obtained from that measure are at least as big as the prejudices caused to genuine players. I'm sure you'll find a better way to avoid bots taking over the game, while still allowing intensive players to keep playing hard .

I understand this is a beta, and I expect big disruptive changes from time to time (not on a weekly basis, of course, but quite often). I'll try to help fine tuning playability while having fun .
    Thank you, oh Guild Master of Wizards , your help and support is unvaluable!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guild Masters View Post
    • Dead (defeated) players are no more getting XP (thieir sharing of XP is lost, and it won't score for the completed quests count).
    well now we need active AI to change defaul action from attack to defence or other skill. so our fighters/clerics/tank could get something off from their quest while they are away from action.

Otherwind's Official Spokesman Guild Masters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKlasu View Post
    well now we need active AI to change defaul action from attack to defence or other skill. so our fighters/clerics/tank could get something off from their quest while they are away from action.
    We already have been thinking time ago about that, certainly it would be really useful feature, but it also would benefit greatly to bots and we want to favor online players over offline players. We have not reject this feature either, just delayed our decision about implement it or not.

Character
    Orik
    The XP you'll make upon doing the quest should be shown, i though i was about to do 1200 but i did 42..

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator Orik View Post
    The XP you'll make upon doing the quest should be shown, i though i was about to do 1200 but i did 42..
    The XP shown on the quest buttons is the XP for the whole party. Your sharing will be this amount weighthed by your size in the party.

Then the final amount will be reduced if you make the same quest many times. In a day or two we will show a sort of indicator to let you know how good is the quest for you and for your companions.

X

Repeating the same quest/difficulty, will reduce the amount of XP earned (no matter if they are consecutive or not). <- Quest counting will . . .

I belong to a fabulous and active team. We are really excited about this game and are talking it up to our friends. HOWEVER, being that the only game play you're offering right now is questing . . . I have no reason to play anymore. We've been enjoying it . . . . ok, maybe more than most. But now I'm not getting xp most of the time. Why should I play? What is the incentive? I wait for a quest to arrive 30 minutes there then we "win" and I come back with a bit of gold. People who play these games want advancement. I can't wait for the combat elements to come out. But for now, the diamonds I bought serve no purpose because I get no reward for my effort. Very frustrating. Especially you see 2500+ more points to next level and you've been questing for hours and not gotten a point closer.

Character
    Isildur
    Hey Camille, maybe that you say was true after first update, but with the last one quests count was reset and every quest starts from "zero", so you'll be still able to get some experience as you used to while those combat features arrive .
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    Hey Camille, maybe that you say was true after first update, but with the last one quests count was reset and every quest starts from "zero", so you'll be still able to get some experience as you used to while those combat features arrive .

This was 4 1/2 hours ago
    5/10/2012 8:42:38Private Your party found a treasure! Your part of the bounty is 464 gold coins and 1 items. This battle has been fought too many times to learn anything new. You don’t earn any XP points.

It's not that I don't want to do new quests but not all my team members can handle the higher levels. Especially being handicapped as a priest and wizard with no skills. They die and get no XP either. So we are trying to do those which we can win and not waste resources.
    Last edited by Camille; October 25th, 2012 at 07:14.

Character
    Isildur
    Well, that's something devs will have to check. In my case, quests that returned a similar message than that you posted are now giving experience again... but the amount earned is slowly going down again with every new quest completed.
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

I am receiving XP from some quests. Just avoiding those I know I can't use anymore.