Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update 1.01.018

Character
    Isildur
    I'm not sure when exactly the last update took place, to be honest. Maybe it was just after that last quest you did.

Anyway, in a couple of days we will hopefully be informed about if a quest will return experience or not in advance:

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    In a day or two we will show a sort of indicator to let you know how good is the quest for you and for your companions.
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Repeating the same quest/difficulty, will reduce the amount of XP earned (no matter if they are consecutive or not). <- Quest counting will . . .

I belong to a fabulous and active team. We are really excited about this game and are talking it up to our friends. HOWEVER, being that the only game play you're offering right now is questing . . . I have no reason to play anymore. We've been enjoying it . . . . ok, maybe more than most. But now I'm not getting xp most of the time. Why should I play? What is the incentive? I wait for a quest to arrive 30 minutes there then we "win" and I come back with a bit of gold. People who play these games want advancement. I can't wait for the combat elements to come out. But for now, the diamonds I bought serve no purpose because I get no reward for my effort. Very frustrating. Especially you see 2500+ more points to next level and you've been questing for hours and not gotten a point closer.
    Hello Camile. Of course we want not to ruin the player gameplay, and we are just looking to slow down bots and encouraging players to move on. To stop getting experience from a quest, you have to repeat about 20-40 times the same quest, at the same difficult level. If you are in a leveled party, every count will be divided by 6 so you have to make about 120-240 times every quest at every difficult level to stop your avancement. With a party size below 60, you can make 14 quests at 3 difficult levels, that is 42 different quests. If you make every quest 120 times, you must complete more than 5000 quests to receive no experience, but if you do, you will unblock much more quests and so you will have more thousands of quests to do. So my thought is that you are bringing forward the events.

I am watching your quests count at the data base and you only made a bunch of quests from the count restart, so you are not getting a real experience reduction.

Of course I fully understand we need to bring all those features we are working on, but remember this is still a beta and we have not launched the full game yet. Also keep in mind that we are willing to work along you and the community to be able to build an enjoyable game, so we won't only heard you, but we will heard, discuss and take decissions with all of you to achieve this goal. The beta version is the place to get this possible, and posting your experience feedback and positive criticism is the right way to get it.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    I am receiving XP from some quests. Just avoiding those I know I can't use anymore.
    Seeing your quests count, you are still very far to have real penalties. We will upload later today a way for players to see a led per party member to see these penalties.

Thanks for the clarification!!