Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Capturing Followers?

Capturing Followers?

Will we ever get to capture the most prized commodity in the game . . . . Followers of others?

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Will we ever get to capture the most prized commodity in the game . . . . Followers of others?
    It's a nice suggest but not easy to implement in our system where you freely choose your master. However, at party vs party raids (ambushes) you will take some gold from your victim and a chance to stole equipped items!

THAT is the spice! Being able to freely choose your master yet running the risk of being seized. Then the coordinated rescues! then Political battles and negotiations! The treachery! Mwahahahaha!

There are already a dozen games out there that steal resources . . . Evony, KoC, Shakes and Fidget . . . I tried them all and quit very quickly. Too boring. Nothing exciting about virtual gold. But a real person? hehehe.
    Last edited by Camille; October 25th, 2012 at 04:54.

Character
    Isildur
    Hmmm... interesting. What would happen with the "captured" follower? And how about followers in such a low level that they're not worth being rescued?

As I said, interesting, but there are lots of things that should be well thought before trying to implement such feature. Specially if it's one hard to implement, as it seems to be according to what Alex said.
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

Character
    Alex
    It sounds really interesting from the point of view of the masters, but what about the follower being captured? Being a slave would ruin the follower's game experience... if we implemented this, the follower would still be able to leave the captor and folow again the former master when they come back to town, and this would be only useful to seize uninstalls (inactive followers).

You are absolutely right. It could be very discouraging for the follower. The trick is balancing the powers. It should not be too easy to escape but it shouldn't be impossible. This aspect would truly make your game unique in FB games.

Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    You are absolutely right. It could be very discouraging for the follower. The trick is balancing the powers. It should not be too easy to escape but it shouldn't be impossible. This aspect would truly make your game unique in FB games.
    Indeed, this is a really interesting feature to consider and to discuss with the community. Just now we are totally overwhelmed bringing all remain features but I promise we will back to this to consider it deeply.

The captured follower would simply contribute to the strength and power of his new Master. There would need to be a rebellion feature . . . that could be in a "party" form. Working with other captives? It's not only the high levels that encourage rescues . . . it's the relationships. And there will be dead accounts that are captured and never rescued. Some people will collect those. And all followers are potential Masters too, don't forget. And they are free to join questing parties of their choice.

Character
    Kurgan
    I like a lot of these ideas. Sounds interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread.
    Followers needed! For a list of incentives, please go to http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showt...Incentive-Plan

To join, please go to http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...?IdProfile=174

Thank You,
    Kurgan

Ha! Capturing followers!! Super-original.

Maybe you could "force" them into your squad for one day per rank (adept=1 day, magician=2 days, etc.), and they couldn't be in anyone else's squad during that time.

That might be hard to implement, but it would be hilarious!