Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
2nd Writting Contest
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Writting Contest

Otherwind's Official Spokesman Guild Masters's Avatar

2nd Writting Contest

First writting contest was a success! We received several applies and all them were great. So we want to repeat it to give everybody a new chance.

We are going to add a quest with minimum size 1 (not images yet).

This time, the contest will have two cumulative prizes:

- Quest description with usual style: style: title (max 40ch) + subtitle(max 128ch) + description(500-1000ch aprox).
    Prize: 100 diamonds. Finalist: 50 Diamonds. Applicants: 10 diamonds.

At this quest, the adventuring party will fight an only monster: a snake. The snake will be viper style, not a constrictor style.

- Monsters description: description (500-1000ch aprox).
    Prize: 100 diamonds. Finalist: 50 Diamonds. Applicants: 10 diamonds.

For this monster, we need three different descriptions:
    • Snake (fought at easy). Skills: none (not venemous).
    • Viper (fought at medium). Skills: poison (venemous).
    • Venomous Serpent (fought at hard). Skills: poison, paralizyng toxin (venemous).

Descriptions can be very similar, they can even share the same text at some parts of the descriptions. We are not asking to list the skills at the description, but they could help to describe the monster (see other monster descriptions to have a guide).

Thank you for your interest and good luck!

End date for sumbissions: Nov 2nd. Winners announced on Nov 3rd.

Send submissions to info@otherwind.com

Character
    Isildur
    Hi there

I'm liking very much the idea of counting on the community through these contests. However, I think that everybody who participated should be rewarded, not only the winner. It takes time and effort to write a good text, so I think it would be great if anybody who submitted one should be rewarded with, let's say, 5-10 diamonds. It's not a high amount, and people is getting the same just playing everyday.

Of course, some minimal quality should be required in order to get those diamonds (otherwise, many people could have the temptatoin of simply copying a text from somewhere else and submitting it, or just writing a ****** group of unconnected words only tto get the reward). I think that a minimal text size and at least a minimally interesting text related with the game should be mandatory.

Apart from that, maybe a special reward for the "finalist" would be interesting.

And well, personally I'd like to read all submitted stories, just to make those who put their effort on them don't feel they lost their time .

Cheers!
    Wizards, follow me as your master -> http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...x?IdProfile=72
    Extra XP, gold, objects, tips...

Character
    Kurgan
    I'll post my story for the wererats. Maybe we need an RP/Story Tellers sub-forum? Can moderators do that?
    Followers needed! For a list of incentives, please go to http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showt...Incentive-Plan

To join, please go to http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...?IdProfile=174

Thank You,
    Kurgan

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    Hi there

I'm liking very much the idea of counting on the community through these contests. However, I think that everybody who participated should be rewarded, not only the winner. It takes time and effort to write a good text, so I think it would be great if anybody who submitted one should be rewarded with, let's say, 5-10 diamonds. It's not a high amount, and people is getting the same just playing everyday.

Of course, some minimal quality should be required in order to get those diamonds (otherwise, many people could have the temptatoin of simply copying a text from somewhere else and submitting it, or just writing a ****** group of unconnected words only tto get the reward). I think that a minimal text size and at least a minimally interesting text related with the game should be mandatory.

Apart from that, maybe a special reward for the "finalist" would be interesting.

And well, personally I'd like to read all submitted stories, just to make those who put their effort on them don't feel they lost their time .

Cheers!
    Deal! When I have a chance I will award applicants for the first contest with 10 diamonds and the finalist with 50 diamonds. And this will be applied also for this second contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I'll post my story for the wererats. Maybe we need an RP/Story Tellers sub-forum? Can moderators do that?
    I can add this sub-forum to the tavern. What name you suggest for the subforum?

Character
    Kurgan
    I was thinking something like the Tavern itself becoming a sub-forum for RPing and Storytelling. The old tavern forum would become the Adventurer's Hall. And a new sub-forum called, The Bulletin Board, would replace the function of the current tavern. So...

Adventurer's Hall > The Tavern / The Bulletin Board

Make sense? I could just do it, with permission, if I have the Moderator rights to do so.
    Followers needed! For a list of incentives, please go to http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showt...Incentive-Plan

Thank You,
    Kurgan

Character
    Orik
    I'm still waiting for the image

Character
    Alex
    Prizes:
    - Winner: 100 diamonds.
    - Finalist: 50 Diamonds.
    - Applicants: 10 diamonds.

Both prizes (quest and monsters) are cummulative.

Character
    Orik
    Good luck everyone

Character
    Kurgan
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator Orik View Post
    Good luck everyone
    Ditto.

Thank You,
    Kurgan

Character
    Alex
    C'mon we are waiting for your stories! 10 diamonds for every apply, 50 to finalist and 100 to winner!

Both contests, quest and monster, are cummulative!