Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
2nd Writting Contest - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Writting Contest

Character
    Orik
    Can I still participate?

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator Orik View Post
    Can I still participate?
    Of course you can, why not?

Character
    Kurgan
    I'll submit one when the mood strikes me. I have to be in an imaginative mood. heh
    Followers needed! For a list of incentives, please go to http://www.otherwind.com/forum/showt...Incentive-Plan

To join, please go to http://apps.facebook.com/guildmaster...?IdProfile=174

Thank You,
    Kurgan

Character
    Orik
    Sending my Text still having issue writing Monster description

Emailed my snake story.

Character
    Alex
    There is a new sub-forum:Role-playing and Storetelling

We should move stories there

Character
    Orik
    Sadly havent made any snake description because i wanted it to be image representative, unless it hasn't been draw yet..?

Character
    Alex
    Though there have been less applicants for this second contest, to be fair with the applicants who wrote it at the right time, we cannot accept more applies I'm sorry, I would like to get more stories but we must accomplish the rules set.

Otherwind's Official Spokesman Guild Masters's Avatar

Winners of the Quest Snakes writting contest

We have already the result of the QUEST SNAKES contest!

WINNER: Xuxia, for A Missing Girl in the Slithering Shadows. Prize: 100 Diamonds.

A Missing Girl in the Slithering Shadows
    Something scaly is slithering in the shadows. It isn’t afraid of people -- but it should be afraid of you.

You were too late to save the child. The child’s mother had sent word, begging anyone to help her. She begged you to enter the forest to find her daughter and bring the little girl back safely, but that would be impossible now. Only two puncture wounds on the child’s leg provide any clue as to what killed the girl, but that was clue enough. You know that it must have been some kind of snake.
    The little girl must have wandered too close to the cold-blooded beast, and it killed her to protect its territory. Where might the child have stumbled on its lair? After searching the area, you find a low bush half-covering a deep, wide hole, big enough for the snake to enter and exit. Throwing a torch down the hole should convince the creature to come forth and face your justice.
    FINALIST: Orik, for Reptile Breeder's son. Prize: 50 Diamonds.
    Reptile Breeder's son
    Help the son of the Glorious Reptile Tamer to recover his death father legacy.

While walking in town, you see a posted bill “Need Courageous Adventurer Decent Reward Contact Alex At The *I'll take an other Drink- Pub”. It was a well know pub in a nearby town. Intrigued, you went straight to the pub. On arrival the pub was almost empty. In a dark corner was a young boy with very expensive serpent scales cloth.
    Alex? You asked on an experienced adventurer tone. Approving with his eye you approached him. He started to explain his misfortune. His father had left a key for him; opening a chest with tons of gold and adventurer equipment but the safe was guarded by some of the fiercest reptile he had tame in his life - and as a renown tamer it was no ordinary ones. His father had left him a letter with the simple sentence '' You'll deserve a decent reward once you'll be able to tame my pets!'' But the son was no tamer. He replied staring at you '' Why taming while we can slay'' laughing. You both agreed about getting 50/50 of the loot and head on he shows you the door where you'll have to defeat his father's pet.
    Actually, we have not received more applies this time, though both stories are great and worthy of these prizes. Prizes will be sent tomorrow and this quest will be added soon at Size 1 in the same moment we receive the quest illustration.

Thank you!

Otherwind's Official Spokesman Guild Masters's Avatar

Winners of the Snake Monsters writting contest

We have received only one apply, Xuxia, so he is the winner of the contest and we will receive other 100 diamonds.

Finalist place is deserted.

Snake:
    This snake is long, lean and legless. From a distance it looks like a scaled worm, but from the perspective of being attacked it seems like it’s all muscle and teeth, and you are dismayed to see that it can strike at a distance of one-third its overall body length. The snake’s needle-sharp fangs can puncture armor and flesh to shed a victim’s blood, weakening them and eventually killing them. Most snakes do not attack humans unless threatened, but this one seems to be unnaturally aggressive.
    Viper:
    This viper is long, lean and legless. From a distance it looks like a scaled worm, but from the perspective of being attacked it seems like it’s all muscle and teeth, and you are dismayed to see that it can strike at a distance of one-third its overall body length. The viper’s needle-sharp fangs can puncture armor and flesh to shed a victim’s blood, and even worse, it can inject a deadly poison directly into the blood through its hollow fangs. Most vipers do not attack humans unless threatened, but this one seems to be unnaturally aggressive.
    Venomous Serpent:
    This venomous serpent is long, lean and legless. From a distance it looks like a giant scaled worm, but from the perspective of being attacked it seems like it’s all muscle and teeth, and you are dismayed to see that it can strike at a distance of one-third its overall body length. The venomous serpent’s needle-sharp fangs can puncture armor and flesh to shed a victim’s blood, and even worse, it can inject a deadly paralyzing poison through its hollow fangs. This venomous serpent seems to be unnaturally aggressive – you had better kill it before it threatens anyone else.