Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Experience Degradation

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by carlosmt View Post
    I like so! In other RPG you gain more XP the first time you kill a new monster. It's similar to this.
    I don't like have to do the same easy quest again and again. I try medium and hard levels now... looking for more XP.
    Have to gain more XP to up levels... wouldn't be a good thing.

The NEW formula looks VERY GOOD change!
    Exactly! In Middle Earth and Rolemaster, classic RPG's which inspired to us, you get a 5x the first time you do something, 2x second time, and if you make something a lot of times you will get your xp reduced tending to zero at the dungeon master's discretion.

Character
    Orik
    I was actually disliking the new way xp gain when it first came out, but I actually found I could do all quest instead of just repeating the same one over and over again with the same leveling speed, I believe you'll have to upgrade the xp requirement to level up as I'm still leveling as fast(if its not faster).. and in a few days I'll get over 10 velocity which will be twice as fast as the second fastest - maybe I'm a little to much into the game .

So what I believe is the new xp curve will not slow down the leveling speed enough.

Character
    Alex
    The formula we updated yesterday was going to a minimum of 10% only. We have just updated again the formula to tend to the announced minimum of 20%. You should get a better xp share now.

And yes, we maybe will have to change the level up requirements between a 25% and a 100% (but not a 500% as somebody suggested!!!) We will study it when all be in play (ambushes) and some time later we would make this increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    [This is off-topic and it should be moved from this thread].

Your alternative makes no diference for your problem; when he matches your rank he won't leave you, but he will do anyway when he surpasses your rank. We have reasons to bet for a strict pyramidal structure and we built our game over this principle. So our design, both conceptual and technical design, doesn't allow unenderless strings follower-master.

but if you simply make the distance between ranks bigger then this will not happen so fast. And if it does, then it is well deserved.

Character
    Orik
    The distance between rank is getting bigger and bigger with each rank.

Orik sorry but you have no idea what you're talking. You are a GUILD MASTER, you have some strong followers, you can do many quests, you have bonuses from skills, right? Stop looking only at yourself, other players have really hard time, especially mages, noone need them in party, we can't survive many quests because we don't have mutch vit/def! My quests give me now max 350 exp, i have 35lvl, I spend like 400k gold on items with vit/def, it's CRAZY. Like I said before this exp degradation should not be active untill we don't have active skills.
    Also other ppl don't play as mutch as you are and they're level-up quite slow.

Character
    Alex
    This is a beta demo to be tested and, eventually, contribute to the developtment. Everybody is free to wait for the full game to play, so meanwhile, just have a bit of patience. Ambushes, a new source of xp, and active skills will be broguht this week. When you will can cast fireballs, pyromaniac wizards will be claimed in every party

Quote Originally Posted by Moderator Orik View Post

Is it really? No it is not. Because the amount of xp increases at about the same increments. It is just as easy to rank up from 25 to 26 as it is from 8 to 9.

The first ranks should be relatively easy to get . . . for people to get a good taste in their mouths . .. but it should get longer and longer in between leveling up just so the level actually means something! People will have asense of accomplishment in getting it. There is nothing glorious in quick leveling. In fact, it becomes a bore.
    Last edited by Camille; November 4th, 2012 at 10:15.

Character
    Orik
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Is it really? No it is not. Because the amount of xp increases at about the same increments. It is just as easy to rank up from 25 to 26 as it is from 8 to 9.

The first ranks should be relatively easy to get . . . for people to get a good taste in their mouths . .. but it should get longer and longer in between leveling up just so the level actually means something! People will have asense of accomplishment in getting it. There is nothing glorious in quick leveling. In fact, it becomes a bore.

I was talking about promotion,
    Levels and Rank are two different things, I agree that we level up to fast, but the rank leveling is just fine, especially if the level speed is adjusted it is going to be hard to rank up.

Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderator Orik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille View Post
    Is it really?
    Really!!!

Experience got from quests increase in an order of N^1 with your size. It's lienar.
    Experience needed to level up increase in an order of N^3 with your level. It's exponential with order 3.

They are just maths. Distance between levels is getting bigger and bigger. The only thing that could make it constant would be if your size is increased by order 2 with your level, that is, if every time your size = level*level, what is near impossible above level 10.

Math demonstration:

Level Up requirement: 10*lvl^3
    XP from quests: around 30*size
    The amount of quests needed to level up (before xp reduction) is equal to [ 10*(lvl+1)^3 - 10*lvl^3 ] / 30 * size

Level up tends to a constant when its derivate tends to zero: [30*(lvl +1)^2 - 30] / 30 * size => 0 This is ONLY when size => lvl^2

When your size keep being greater than level^2, level up is easier with levels. This case is near impossible for levels over 10.
    When your size keep being lesser than level^2, level up is harder with levels. This is the actual scenario.

Our design charts shows that the amount of quests needed to level up is increasing slowly with the player's level and it decreases slightly when you have enough level to add a new squad member.

Though level up is always harder for each level, when you rank and add a new follower, you may notice a decrease on your requirements, this is because your requirements went pretty far of what it should be and adding a squad member takes you to the normal flow.

I'm sorry for my language limitations to explain it at english.