Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Feature: Experience received from your master

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex

Arrow New Feature: Experience received from your master

Keep an eye on next update. We are increasing XP received from your master and opening the range for followers getting xp; also followers in the squad, included those with several rank levels below their master, will get a bunch of xp:

Followers in squad:
    - 1 rank level below: 5%
    - 2 rank levels below: 3%
    - 3 rank levels below: 2%
    - 4 rank levels below: 1%
    - 5 or more rank levels below: 0%

Followers out the squad:
    - 1 rank level below: 2%
    - 2 or more rank levels below: 0%

Character
    Orik

Character
    Flame
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Keep an eye on next update. We are increasing XP received from your master and opening the range for followers getting xp [cut]

Followers out the squad:
    - 1 rank level below: 2%
    - 2 or more rank levels below: 0%

Isn't that what it is now? I mean, as far as WHO is getting xp? I feel like it should be broader... Maybe rank 1 level below master, 4%, 2 levels below master 3 %, 3 levels below master 2% and 4 levels below master 1%. Any more than 4 levels would get nothing.
    People don't want to be told who they can or can't or who they should and should not join. You want to encourage people to play with their friends, not discourage them. Players should not be so harshly penalized for following a master who is high above them.
    ۵ Need a suitable master? Find one here! ۵
    Fighters: Cassandra
    Priests: Guild Master
    Wizards: Beri or Shanka
    Scouts: Choose one of my followers!

Character
    Alex
    No, before this setup, followers out the squad were getting 1% and followers in the squad were getting 2%. Now with this change, xp got is doubled or more than double, and now also lower ranks in the squad get xp.

If people want to level up their friends (or clones ), they can do it now selecting them on their squad. We will test this setup for some time.

As far as I understand, this is not a penalty for anybody. In the opposite, this is a bonus.

Character
    Flame
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    No, before this setup, followers out the squad were getting 1% and followers in the squad were getting 2%. Now with this change, xp got is doubled or more than double, and now also lower ranks in the squad get xp.

If people want to level up their friends (or clones ), they can do it now selecting them on their squad. We will test this setup for some time.

As far as I understand, this is not a penalty for anybody. In the opposite, this is a bonus.

Except that if someone who is more than 1 rank below you is not in your squad they still get the shaft. Personally, I put whichever follower of mine has the most vitality in my squad. I only have 3 spots so I have to use them wisely. So if I want a certain follower to get more xp from me, I have to sacrifice my stats to do so. I use my squad to reward my best followers. If I dump them from my squad to bring in the lower followers, then my best followers are getting penalized (That would mean you, Alex ). If I don't put my followers in my squad who are 2 or more rank levels below me, then they're getting penalized because they're not receiving xp... So basically we still have no winners in this situation.

Also, I get NO xp from my master.
    Your master, Guild Master Orik, has completed an adventure, but his rank level is too high, so you cannot earn any XP from him.

He's rank 5 and I'm rank 4 AND I'm in his squad. So Idk what's going on with that. Not that I care much, because I don't. I'm just pointing out a flaw in the current set up.

It will be perfect with those changes!

I also think that exp is just a bonus, if you have some good friends they will still follow you and 2% exp will not change that. If there will be no rank restriction, everyone would follow guild master or person who got most xp, and other players would have no followers. The whole rank structure in this game is really nice, we just need more players.

^Orik is rank 6, because he's Guild Master.
    Last edited by Lukasz Kanarek; November 4th, 2012 at 18:27.

Character
    Flame
    Yah, yah. I just read that somewhere else.

Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Dawn Gaines View Post
    Also, I get NO xp from my master.
    Your master, Guild Master Orik, has completed an adventure, but his rank level is too high, so you cannot earn any XP from him.

He's rank 5 and I'm rank 4 AND I'm in his squad. So Idk what's going on with that. Not that I care much, because I don't. I'm just pointing out a flaw in the current set up.
    This thread is describing the changes we are going to bring with next update. They aren't still uploaded. It's ready and we will upload it in the morning (it's 2am here).

Character
    Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz Kanarek View Post
    It will be perfect with those changes!

I also think that exp is just a bonus, if you have some good friends they will still follow you and 2% exp will not change that. If there will be no rank restriction, everyone would follow guild master or person who got most xp, and other players would have no followers. The whole rank structure in this game is really nice, we just need more players.

^Orik is rank 6, because he's Guild Master.
    You got the point, Koxik. This feature is thought to make everybody easier to get enough followers to fill their squads first, and then, to keep the ranks hierarchy.
    It will help to spread followers instead getting gathered for a few powerful masters. This masters will dislike this measure but it will enhance the gameplay of a much higher amount of players.

Also, we have added to this incoming upadate a recommended masters which will be EXTREMELY USEFUL to new players to choose a master. This new ranking will consider together the recent xp and these bonuses attending to masters with empty slots in their squads because they have not enough followers to fill them.

Of course, if you want to level up a much lower friend or a clone, you have to sacrifice your stats. If not, just bigger guys would level up every follower in their ranks. This won't be ever allowed.

this is all nice but . . .

not enough. I agree with Crystal. I have 13 followers now. I don't have 13 squad spots. Only about 7 of my people are active. I still don't have 7 squad spots. So what good is this? Besides, I'm putting my highest people in the squad and my littler guys lose out. I'm trying to make up for it by supporting their recruiting. Hopefully, getting them followers will count more for them than a few symbolic xp points.