Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm goin broke, man!

Character
    Flame

I'm goin broke, man!

"You are going to donate 8580 gold coins to the Goddess of Life."

And all I got from my quest was:
    You found treasure! The bounty contains 2020 gold coins and 2 items. You earned ****XP during the fight.

And I didn't even die. I only lost 800 vitality. I know others are having the same problem. Healing is so expensive and we don't make up the cost at all. I have to drop down and do quests with really low xp to make up the gold. Is there any way we can balance this better?
    ۵ Need a suitable master? Find one here! ۵
    Fighters: Cassandra
    Priests: Guild Master
    Wizards: Beri or Shanka
    Scouts: Choose one of my followers!

Character
    Zab
    Scouts in a party have to seldom heal. Maybe you should join one....

Character
    Flame
    Smartie.

In a party I hog xp AND gold and it's frustrating and I feel bad.
    But if I'm having this problem I know others (warriors and priests) are too. Heal costs are still way too high.

Character
    Zab
    I think they are fair, but perhaps they could up the price you can sell things back to the Blacksmith. If you choose to play high stakes, you gotta pay

It's not really about playing high stakes. We have to forcibly play low end quests in order to not go bankrupt and at the same time, the devs want us to do the higher end ones and not repeat the same ones over and over so the xp lowers and lowers and lowers. It's impossible to do the other quests when you can't cover the costs. It is terribly imbalanced. And Zab, you are right, scout rarely have to worry about healing costs in a party because the priests and fighters are going bankrupt for them.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    We are watching how some of the top players are able to get both, tons of XP and gold every day: they alternate what quests they complete: higher quests to get XP and lower gets to get gold.

We like very much the balance of quests. It's as real as life itself. Harder quests will be expensive but you will learn form them. Non risky and mechanical quests won't teach you too much, but they will be profitable in gold.

Logs from top players demonstrte they are able to got both when they alternate quests. In fact, there is too much gold in the world and maybe we will make some adjustments to reduce the amount of gold in the game (with the same reduction on the helaing costs for not ot make it more expensive).

Kind scouts and wizards should share their gold with the melee companions

Character
    Kurilia
    When the priests we can launch our skills for the entire party, we may have to do it for a price. Now there are many players in the partys offering gold to the priests who suffer all hits. Good companions!

@Alex
    Just give us more things to buy for gold, more interesting items etc.
    If I need a gold, I'm doing highest quest on easy.

@topic
    There was a time when i also had a problem with gold, but from the time that -damage reduction- working, and i bought some items with -all dmg, everything is mutch easier and i'm not spending us mutch gold on healing.

Also ultimate answer is: wait for active skills

Character
    Rson
    Temple healing is too expensive whether your doing solo quest or a full party quest, especially for fighters and priests since they spend most of their gold healing. The no experience when killed thing didn't help either. It just alienated a lot of players into going solo. The new exp distribution is a step in the right direction at least the party member gets exp for their trouble. The temple healing cost would be reasonable if skills are available but unfortunately it isn't and not everyone is willing to give gold to the meat shield for healing or even if they do it still cost more to heal. I was in a very active party we traded items when we got something good that someone else can use but when it came to gold it was very different. Someone had to remind the party about donating gold for healing. It felt like I am begging and I don't like begging my party members for gold it feels embarrassing. Rather than beg I went solo.

Character
    Flame
    It's really bad. I went solo because I felt like I was hogging xp and gold from my melee friends who needed it and then I was still sending gold to Camille when she was having a hard time. I was having an easier time making it on the lower quests. But, then with xp degredation I started doing higher quests to get more xp then I was having to heal more and losing all that gold I made on the lower quests. So basically, we're discouraged from doing lower quests by xp degredation, we're discouraged from doing higher quests by the expensive heal costs. So what exactly what are we supposed to be doing?