Thread: Skills which cause an altered state

Character
    Reva

Skills which cause an altered state

Hi Alex,
    I've been using the scout skill Cripple, I'm not sure if it is working correctly or not. I am hitting the target successfully most of the time, but there is no indication that I can see that they are affected by the -50% Attack on subsequent rounds. It may be that they are affected but there is no indication of the effect, or it may be that the hit is landing but the skill is not activating.
    I don't know if this is a bug or not, more of a question of what I should be seeing I guess.

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    [Zab I'm sorry very much, I accidentally deleted your reply to Reva about the cripple skill]

When you successful hit the target, there is a chance to cripple it. The chance to hit or not is just the same that your base attack (your ATT and its DEF). But the chance for it to acquire the condition (crippled in this case) is based on the SL used and the target's level.

We are going to show the % of this chance just at the sliding bar so you can watch it when you are going to use the skill, but it will take a couple of days.

Character
    Zab
    Absolutely no problem, Alex. Feel free to delete or edit anything else you see when I sound ridiculous

Character
    Reva
    Thanks Alex, my guess is that I have been hitting the target but the skill has not been activating. A % chance to activate indicator would be a big help . I am assuming that if it does activate, there will be an indication that it was successful?

Developer - Managing Director Alex's Avatar
    Character
    Alex
    Yes when you successful cripple the target, just after the damage he took there would be readed a line which says: (Target_Name) was Crippled. The skill is already working but I think you will need the % indicator to know the real chances to cripple him, surely what is happening just now is that the chance is very very slow. We have almost all skills working and then we can work on tuning and balancing them.